Wednesday 20 August 2008

Self study 20/08/08

Today I started my self study session from doing my homework which Robin asked us for. Additionally I checked properly all words which I did not understand. I am going to write them down on my blog to strenghten my knowledge of them by reading them every time I update my blogspot.

* in favour of- benefit from sth by someone , to reap benefit by someone
* a caution- warning, care, carefulnes, discretion
* the vast majority- large, huge, enormous (greater) part or number of...
* a serious flaw- a critical, dangerous_defect, fault
* a profit margin- the percentage of total sales which profit
* to exploit- use or develop economically, unfairly use a person
* substantial- large and important in amount
* the foodstuffs- food
* to win-win- the concept that parties can arrive at settlements in which each gains some adventage

As a second part of my today's self study I looked through the Economics For Business book- particulary globalization subject. I found there many good ideas which I will use writing the essey. Reading this chapter I was not looking for only the contents but also grammar form and effective reading practise.


My plans for my next self study session:
1) watch TV programs- find out more about british economic
2) practise effective reading

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Excellent work, Paulina. As you say, when you are working and speaking in English, this is also part of your self-study and noting down useful vocab, as you have done, is a great way to consolidate what you've learnt from this.